During these unprecedented times, it is critical for medical professionals and the public to have the appropriate protective gear they need to remain healthy and safe. The Connecting the Dots Initiative (CDI) has partnered with Gerber Technology to leverage its fully-connected Industry 4.0 solutions and decades of expertise to help African manufacturers to quickly, efficiently and sustainably produce the personal protective equipment (PPE) at the speed and quality required. The factory repurposing solution provides the tools and expertise you need for a successful transition to PPE production.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 89 million medical masks and 76 million examination gloves are required for the COVID-19 response each month. The WHO estimates PPE manufacturing needs to increase by 40% in order to keep up with demand.
The CDI-Gerber Repurposing Package
Gerber Consulting Services offer PPE expertise across all of its hardware and software solutions. Specifically, for this period of need, the team has been working to retool customer operations to PPE production in one week or less!
- Assess customer infrastructure, capacity and available materials
- Advise customer on PPE product feasibility
- Advise on end-to-end workflow changes
- Using supplier network, assist in procurement of raw material (if applicable)
- Share Common PPE technical specs (patterns, tech packs, cut files)
- Assist with pattern creation, grading, tech pack creation.
- Install/update 120 day software licenses part of conversion package
- Update spreader/cutter parameters
- Create test marker/cut file for testing
- Optimize markers for efficiency (onsite support available)
- Finalize hardwaare and software training, customized to the customer and PPE product
- Ensure production via parts and service (support contract)
- Weekly status check with customer to ensure efficiency + continuous improvements
This package includes 30 hours with both CDI/DFS Africa and Gerber consultants. This time can be leveraged for any of the following activities and customized for your particular business needs:
PPE production through Gerber end-to-end ecosystem!
The CDI & Gerber partnership supports garment factories across the continent to repurpose their factories to produce masks, gloves and protective suits. For further information about the technical details involved in repurposing garment factories, please see this presentation
The videos below further demonstrate how leveraging Gerber services and tools through CDI can help customers re-tool:
If you are a supplier who needs help repurposing your facilities, our team will support your journey by converting and scaling your manufacturing capabilities for PPE production. CONNECT WITH US
If you are a supplier who have already repurposed your facilities and have products, you can inform us about your product, prices, lead time, location etc by filling the Supplier Onboarding Form.
Whether you're transitioning to PPE or looking to optimize your existing production capabilities, our mandate is to help you succeed. The CDI team of experts would support you to optimize your production of PPE by advising on cross boarder standards, regulations, sharing of best practices, and providing helpful production-ready ideas and resources to make your transition as efficient as possible. CONNECT WITH US