Statin – cholesterol-lowering Agent.
- Adjunct to diet in reduction of elevated; Total cholesterol LDL – cholesterol Apolipoprotein B Triglycerides (in mixed dyslipidemia / heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia)
- As an adjunct to other lipid-lowering agents or if such treatments are not available.
Hypersensitivity to atorvastatin / acute liver disease/pregnancy; breastfeeding and in women of childbearing age who are not using adequate contraception. A 1-month interval is required for those planning to conceive.
Children: Safety & Efficacy not established.
- Place the patient on a cholesterol-lowering diet even after putting them on Lolip.
- The usual starting dose is 10mg OD. The maximum daily dose is 80mg
- The dose is individualized based on baseline
- LDL- C levels. Dosage adjustment to be done after 4 weeks.
- In hepatic dysfunction & Renal insufficiency: – therapeutic response unaffected