- Vaginal Candidiasis
- Mucosal Candidiasis
- Systemic Candidiasis
- Prophylaxis of fungal infections in HIV patients
- Fungal infections of the skins and nails.
Dosage & Administration.
- V. Candidiasis: 150mg stat
- Oropharyngeal Candidiasis: 50mg OD 7-14 days
- Atrophic Oral Candidiasis with dentures: 50mg OD 14 days
- Other Candidal Infections: 50mg OD 14 – 30days.
- Use in renal impairment.
- Mode dose in response to the degree of impairment
- based on creatinine clearance.
- Hypersensitivity to fluconazole or azole antifungals.
- Use in pregnancy and nursing mothers:
- Used only if the benefit outweighs the risks; in lactation – not recommended for use.
- In children under 16 yrs – limited data on its use is available. –mg/kg/day has been used as the dose of treatment.
Nausea / vomiting / abdominal pain / headache/ skin rash / diarrhoea / Over dosage treatment.